About : Ceremonies
Wedding - Legal Marriage
Legal weddings and same-sex marriage in Scotland
Handfast - Scottish & Celtic
Handfasting is the traditional marriage of Scotland. I can incorporate this into your legal marriage or renewal of vows or wedding blessing
Renewal of Vows
A celebration for an anniversary and/or to celebrate your on-going commitment to each other
Baby Naming & Coming Of Age
For the special wee ones in your life
Funeral & Memorial
A Celebration of Life
Whatever the occasion, make it special!
Planning Your Ceremony
- Contact me initially to discuss your Ceremony
- We can meet up in person or talk via email and/or telephone
- You chose music, readings and family/friends taking part
- I can advise on traditions, customs and etiquette
- For legal marriage in Scotland, I will guide you with paperwork, dates of submission etc
- On your special day, I will conduct the Ceremony you want
- How much do you charge to conduct a Ceremony?
- That depends on what type of Ceremony and the location
- Do you come to the Wedding meal afterwards?
- That's up to you. I don't 'expect' to be invited, in fact I'd rather you had your family/friends there (I know how expensive wedding's can be and I'd hate to take the place of someone you wanted to invite!). I may stay for a wee drink and Congratulate you
- I am in America and I'd like to do something special for my partner - can you help?
- Anything at all that I can do to help. If you need to arrange everything by email, it's fine. And if you need help finding a location in your budget just let me know. I'm always out and about.
- When should I book you for my Wedding?
- As soon as you have your date! I have bookings made in 2014 for 2017 so it's vital that you get your date, venue, celebrant and band booked as soon as you can.
- What if you are not available on my date?
- It may happen! But, don't worry, I have several lovely colleagues who I can recommend.
- Where can I get married?
- Anywhere in Scotland; in a garden, hotel, castle, palace, ruined historical sites, outside, inside, at home, on a boat, up a mountain.. (except some religious buildings)